Sunday 26 February 2012

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

Bit of a rollercoaster week. So much has happened in the past 5 or 6 days and yet somehow I feel like I'm strangely back where I started.

So many couples seem to have broken up this week. I know of at least three, two of which had been long-term things which came as big surprises to me. It's strange when a couple breaks up out of nowhere. I guess you can never really know what's going on when you're on the outside looking in.



Sort of had something playing on my mind all week and I've found myself thinking about it whenever I'm trying to go to sleep or any time I've had time to myself really. Had a couple of big chats with people this week which have generally been good. Sometimes I feel it's better to get shit out in the open, even though in general I'm quite a reserved, closed-off person by nature. Sorted something out that I've been wondering about for a long time and was pretty happy with outcome.

Good old Jodroy and I had a great chat too. He's quite a philosophical lad at times and really gave me some food for thought. He's a great lad for that. Always pleasantly surprised with his ability to listen and give advice. Very nice characteristic to have.


I always think I'll have loads to say but I'm still getting back into this whole thing and don't really feel comfortable revealing all. I was planning on keeping this completely secret but I felt it wouldn't be fair to be following my friend but then keeping mine from him so I told James. I kind of regret that cos I'm definitely gonna be slightly less open in this now but gotta stick to my principles.

When I think back on this week it;s very difficult to decide if I'd classify it as a good week or a bad week. Plenty more highs than there were lows but the lows felt lower than highs did high. That's always the way though I suppose.

In the past few years I've kind of noticed that when something is going well for me it will only really do it until I feel comfortable enough that it's not gonna get screwed up and I open up about it and start really getting my hopes up. That's when something happens to screw it up. I've noticed this in the past but I might just be paranoid. It did happen again this week. But I think it's sorted. I hope so anyway. At least I did something about, which is quite unlike me.

In case you haven't noticed, I don't plan these posts out before I start writing. I just start with a vague topic in mind and see where I end up. I'm sorry if they're a bit all over the place but I suppose I write them in kind of a stream of consciousness so that probably accounts for the lack of any recognisable structure.

Anyway, reading week this week is gonna be either real shit or real good. I have lots of plans, and if they all come to fruition I'll be a very happy man this time next week. We'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment